selenium

Dear Heidi,

Can you tell me how much vitamin C and in what form a geriatric horse
needs? My vet says Vitamin C is a fad and that they don't need it, but I
can say for myself that it makes a difference in me, so why not in the
horse? Is it in powder form, and where do you get it? Also, the selenium
premix that I buy in the feed store: I'm not sure how much of it to give;
already am giving 625 I.U. of vitamin E per horse per day, on the vet's
recommendation. Thanks.
Patty

 Check her selenium level, too--selenium is very
much involved in calcium metabolism and would help if she is deficient.
Vitamin E is also helpful in arthritis, as is Vitamin C--both are
antioxidants
and help to scavenge the free radicals produced by inflamation.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]