Re: adding rider weight

<< I have looked at the FEI rules and they do not specify anything about how
weight
 is carried, but in Bend, our riders were NOT allowed to have the weights on
 themselves. I sometimes wonder where the rules come from...maybe the ground
jury
 made that decision? >>

Likely.  The problem with carrying the weights on the rider, as Debby pointed
out, is how to "seal" the weights onto the rider so that they cannot be
removed during competition and so that it can be proved that they were not
removed.  The rider either has to wear them constantly or have a steward take
them off and put them on again at the checks, which is a real headache.  The
officials can say yea or nay as to whether they will deal with that problem or
not at a given ride.

Heidi