Re: Scratches

Yes, Guess I was very fortunate.....thanks to Ridecamp I had my eyes open and
spotted the scratches in the very early stages, before it became a BIG
problem!! Without the previous Ridecamp discussion on scratches I probably
wouldn't have paid any attention to that flaking dandruff-looking stuff on her
pasterns.Thanks, everyone!
In a message dated 8/30/98 10:23:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jtaylor@pyramid.net writes:You were fortunate then, scratches sometimes are
very difficult to get  ride of. My horse got scratches last year and I tried
the zinc the
 desitin nothing worked. I think it took almost all winter to finally
 heal up! Julie
>> Beverly540@aol.com wrote:
 >  > Sandy,
 >          My mare got scrathes a couple weeks ago. I didn't know what it
was,
 > looked kind of like dandruff. Anyway, called my vet and she said to put
zinc
 > oxide on it. Actually, she said shave the hair off, then put on the zinc. I
 > didn't shave her. I had a tube of Desitin baby ointment that I use on
Flower's