Sport Saddle: Now I recall...

why I sold mine:  I rode Misty 30 miles in six hours today, with lots of
trotting up/down rocky trails, using Gwen Dluehosh's 15 1/2" SSaddle with
the 3" cantle, regular pommel.  Misty was sound and still full of juice end
of ride, despite having a six week vacation. She loves that saddle!  I was
miserable...for one thing, I could not keep my legs from flapping around at
certain gait tempos without major muscular effort, and that stiffened the
entire bod.  Could not sit "deep" enough to keep from bouncing, either, also
related to the particular tempo of travel...magnified exponentially
downhill.  Then sticking on during the occasional lateral arabesque
motion--a real challenge with a surface that's almost as slick and
definitely as round as the horse's hide.  If I could specify the tempo of
the trot precisely all the time, I'd be more comfy, but not realistic.
Probably need a smaller seat, too...but what I really want is knee rolls and
stirrups that stay quiet.

Feedback, please!

Sally and Misty (aka Miscreant after today's attempt to run down the entire
pack)
stepnout@swva.net