Slypner Shoes

Hi all,
        I just had an interesting conversation with the Roanoke City Mounted
Police. Their horses wear Slypner shoes, and the riders LOVE them. The
officers I spoke with said they last great, don't come off, and provide
excellent traction even on surfaces like polished polished marble and asphalt.
They like the Sypners even better than borium tipped shoes. Said their horses
had absolutely no lameness problems since switching to Slypners from borium.
Of course, the police horses are stable kept, not pasture kept like most
endurance horses, and the officers didn't know how well the Slypners  would
hold up in a rocky pasture.  Are there any endurance riders on Ridecamp who
use Slypner shoes and are willing to enlighten the curious? BTW, the officers
said when they first started using these shoes about a year they were over
$100 per set of 4, but now they are down to $59. I don't think this includes
the farrier's labor.
Thanks,
Beverly and Flower
Blue Ridge Mts. of SWVA