Re: Breed awards/ paso fino's

Angie

That is a very interesting point.  I always wanted to do a multiday with
Misty. It hasn't worked our so far but after this foal I may whip her
back in shape and go do one.  I believe they will be much more
competitive on multiday rides that flat out 3 1/2 hour flat 50's we do
in the SE - however Misty did do a subfour hour 50 chasing Carl Meyer on
one ride and won BC to boot.

But she can do a 9 hour 50 day in and day out for days on hell.  Hell,
she does a 6 mph walk. In the old days the TWH used to used in the hills
of Tenessee to deliver the mail six days a week.  So the multiday rides
may be where the gaited horses start to show their stuff.  They were
bred - TWH and working Paso's both to cover ground at a reasoanable pace
- which is about the pace of the multidays.

I will guarantee the rider feels one hell of a lot better getting off a
gaited horse after 50 miles than off an Arab.  I sure hope Jordy doesn't
take offence at this or he might dump me again.

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm

Brooksville, FL