Re: Polish vs Egyptian

<<
 I was always told you have to ride the horse, not the pedigree, and that
 always seemed like good advice to me :-)

Yes, yes! And while over half of our stock is straight Egyptian, I have to say
that other straight Egyptian breeders think we are nuts, because we are
breeding athletes and not halter horses. To the dismay of the REALLY BIG
Egyptian breeders, we actually are producing all-around atthletic horses, and
are  also crossing them on Crabbet and Polish lines with excellent success.
While we are careful not to let the straight lines of excellent athletic
quality die out in the interest of producing more saleable horses, we have ina
ddition to our straights a polish/Crabbet mare, a Fadjur mare, ehr daughter,
and a Crabbet/CMK mare and HER daughter as well. They are all a beaufiul
blending of athletic Arabian type and ability, and we are really pleased with
what our stallion Sal is producing on mares who are good individuals of many
pedigrees, and to us, that is a mark of a great sire - to produce quality on
mares of all kinds.
san