Re: alfalfa

Alfalfa hay and alfalfa meal pellets have the same calcium content.  I'd
recommend wetting them---the more water you can get in, in any way,
shape or form, the better.  If your crew can add water a little while
before you come in, they should break down into a mash.

Hope this helps.

Susan Garlinghouse