keeping the weight on

I don't mean to beat a dead horse (all puns intended :-) but my guy doesn't
seem to be holding his weight. He's not HORRIBLY thin, but thinner than *I*
like. He gets exercised three times a week - once for 30 - 45 minutes in the
round pen (riderless), once about 20 minutes round pen (riderless) and an
hour in the arena (being ridden), and the third is a longer - 15 - 20 mile
rides on the roads/trails, mostly trotting. He gets all the hay (alfalfa
mix) he can eat and at least one FULL BUCKET of soaked beet pulp a day (over
two feedings). He was wormed two weeks ago with zimectrin (wormed every 3
months), is getting red cell 3 times a week, alternating with Accel 3 times
a week, and a handful of Rice Bran every day. Maybe I'm worrying needlessly,
but I thought I'd ask anyway! Oh, and he's a stallion. I know his metabolism
is a bit higher, but  never before was he this hard to keep weight on...

Stephanie Wind McCray
Golden, CO