Re: Palpatating Sore back

ok, ok, I'll give it a try with my poor descriptions for the pressure
points of the saddle and checking the back.

1.  Between withers and shoulder, about 4 inches down from the spine.
2.  Lowest part of the back (do a belly lift to determine where this is
if need be), about 3-4 inches below the spine.
3.  Follow rib cage to the last rib, go up toward the loins, about 3-4
inches down from the spine. (when I say down, I mean towards the ground
down)<G>

Palpatate with your fingers, horse will either shrink or tighten up or
won't!

Check out an equine massage book!  They are great (although I havn't
dished out the money for one yet, else I wouldn't have problems
describing this stuff.....).

Take care!
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab..."lets go to the Gold Country! Great
people, great ride!")
Pt.Reyes, CA