Paso Finos

From: Elaine Parker
Email: Elainep@ufl.edu

Has anyone competed in limited distance on a Paso Fino?  I've got the opportunity to get a six year old mare, green-broke and soft, but old enough to go ahead and put into work.  Trouble is the lady wants my three year old foundation bred QH mare for her and I'm not completely sure that it would be a great swap.  Has anyone used the foundation bred type QH for distance?  The QH is tough, but not a very forward type horse.  I'd rather use something more willing.  Pedaling the horse is worrisome as I'm never sure whether she's wanting to stop because of a problem or just saw a great bunch of grass. My arab filly is only two and so is completely out of this question.  She needs to do some growing up before she does anything else.
Any information or advice will be appreciated.  I have to make a decision by Sunday, so I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.  Thanks a lot.

Elaine and the girls.