To shoe or to easyboot.

Hello everyone,

I just need to get some advice.  I've started conditioning my mare.  Unfortunatly we mostly ride on paved roads.  We aren't doing much distance yet, she hasn't been worked in a while so we are taking it slow and easy.  Anywho, she is not shod.  Sage is a mustang x singlefoot and inhereted the mustand hard as rock feet.  She has only worn shoes once, on the front, and they
were hell to get on.  She has a terrible fear of ferriers (and vets), we fear she was abused at some point.  The ferrier who was working on her till our recent move spent alot of time and effort winning her trust.  He is the only one she has ever let touch her hooves without a major fight.  He always said she didn't really need shoes for normal riding.  Unfortunatly, now
we are training for LD's and are going to be puttin in some miles, on paved road no less.  What should I do?  I've been looking around for a new ferrier, but hate the idea of asking a newbie to attempt to shoe her.  I also thought about easyboots, but am not sure if they would be easier.  How many miles can I safely put in before really wearing about the wear and tear ?
(no, you can't tell I'm a newbie can you)

Thanks for your imput.
Martyne