Nothing like trust(long)

Hi,
Just had to share this with everyone.I have a Schneider Arab mare called
Talari,who has unfortunately just aborted due to the cold weather over the
weekend.I bought two Schneider mares from Namibia one age 7(Talari) and the
other age of 8 years old named Scharabi.These horses had never been handled
in there lives before besides being branded.They arrived here totally doped
up to the gills after a long journey,they both hurt themselves in the
horseboxes as well.
I got a trainner in to work with them,Scharabi hated the trainner with a
passion and visiously attacked him,Talari I would not let the trainner
touch as she was mine.So I sat around her talking to her in a sing song
voice for months until she finally came to me,she got used to my smell and
me being around her.They were also in foal to a stallion imported from
Bahreins granson Sahibi Hassan(who has since passed away into a better
world than this one)I did not do to much work with Talari because she was
in foal.I let them both run with our stallion ,wild and free.Yesterday I
noticed a discharge and had to bring her in for treatment,she had
aborted,now I have been waiting almost two years for this foal and
naturally being me howled my eyes out.I battled to catch Talari,she
remembered my singing voice as I sang to catch her,slipted a halter and
lead on her,I stopped singing and she refused to follow me.So I had to sing
for three kilometres all the way home in a soft voice.I treated her as best
I could ,she stood still while I injected her with various
medications,tranquil as if I do this every day,stabled her and just was
there for her.She trusts me completely ,her dark eyes are soft as she
nuzzles me for attention,this is a wild horse,and this is what I find so
rewarding about working with horses,is there absolute trust and faith in
one.My husband cannot get near her at all,she snorts at him and flees.
Have just spent the whole morning grooming and loving her,I was fortunate
to catch her in time and to treat her,else we would have lost a fine Arab
mare.She is definately a one person horse are most Arabs like this?
She has also pulled me out of the doldrums something to think about besides
my own health,who knows maybe I will ride her one day soon.
Ok I think I have been soppy enough for now,could not help it
though.Nothing is more rewarding or hartwarming than trust whether it be
animals or humans.
Regards
kathy *who will  be singing for a long time still* and *Talari* well on her
way to recovery,and all her Appaloosas who also demand her attention.
http://196.7.177.40/aht/