Re: Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Dear Kate,

I respect and understand your views.   most certainl understand the
point about the children but we all need a reality check.  The responses
that I got back were about 85%  being positive about what I said and 15%
being ngative and those that were defensive kept writing the same thing
to me that they were complaining about,that four letter word and other
language which the young man in Turkey used in his letter.  I replied to
them and respectfully advised them to look at my post and notice that I
used no "bad language"  and remided them that telling me how they didn't
like the use of those words, which they printed out time after time,
that they didn't consider that my children would be reading their posts.
That about ended any more posts on this subject.  I thank you for your
reply and I understand your support for our armed forces in our country,
but I and as ALL my brothers and sisters from Vietnam, WILL NEVER
apologize for the reality and theTRUTH of what really happened.  When we
returned home we were treated less than garbage.  We were the ones that
paid the price and still do today even though the true warriors and
heros are not alive to voice the truth.  We are a legacy of the truth.
Yes, we must protect our children from  language such as that young
soldier used.  All I was trying to do was to remind people of the
reality of what happened and what is happening today.  We must protect
our children but we must also tell them the truth.  We have terrorism in
this country--look at NY.  Now terrorists have declared war on us and I
pray to God for you and all that what we have seen and experienced, we
won't have to see and experience it here.  Look at the domestic
terrorism in school withchidren shooting and killing each other.  Do we
discourage our children from watching the news and seeing these thing on
television...do we not tell them the truth and allow them to become
victims?  Again I do not apologize for my post and thousands of other
veterans would agree.  Thank you for understanding our side too.

Sincerely,  Joe Dobiss

PS I will not be posting anything more in regards to this subject.  As
terrorism continues n this country, as the president said, "we are at
war with terrorists"  the reality check of the truth unfortuately will
be seen and experienced by those who feel safe now.  What is yet to
come, God help us.

Chow!