Travelling plans

 Dear Ridecampers,
 	I am planning a most adventurous journey.... (for me at least)  I am
moving from WA to IL with my family -- critters and all, including Starrzza
the wonder-pony.  I have some questions for you -- the knowledgable <grin>
 	At this point, my vehicle of travel is a Ford Explorer -- which,
according to the folks at U-Haul, is rated to haul 6000 pounds.  I have an
American Horsemen 2 horse slant trailer.  Should I try to sell the slant
and buy an older straight load to decrease the weight?  I will have
electric brakes... recommendations on sway bars??  How often do I need to
stop? (I will also be travelling with a 16 month old baby...so I'm sure we
will be stopping frequently)  Starrzza has been hauled frequently... but
never on multi-day excursions like this -- I would imagine that it becomes
harder for them as the trip goes on... same with us!
 	I will check the archives for the pros and cons of feeding while
 hauling....
 	Any recommendations on places to stay along the way??  We will be on I90
through WA, ID, MT, WY, SD, MN, WI.  Someone said there was a good book on
the subject, but I don't remember a title.
 	Lastly for this post, (although I forsee more questions as it gets
closer) any Ridecampers familiar with the Northeastern IL or Southeastern
WI area? I will need a place to board and condition... I am familiar with
the area... but not since I have been endurance riding!
 	Thank you in advance for any and all advice.  I would appreciate private
everything!

 Raina
 srponies@seanet.com