Rhinitis; Questions about Immunosupression. Post Part One.

Dear RideCamp:

Yes, I've consulted my horse vet by phone today.

I'm doing two separate posts on this, Parts one and two.

Part One:  Rhinitis (head cold) Would you all provide the collective
poll regarding your remedies and nostrums for colds.

Tez, 7 y/o gelding, presented about 48 hours ago with nose blowing &
bilateral nasal discharge; color clear to white. Was preceded by an
infrequent cough.  Cough is NOT persistent, but occasional, infrequent.

No fever, no swollen glands.
Good appetite, good attitute.
Eyes clear & dry.
Pasture turn-out & rest, no work.
Vet said try a light work out (30 minutes walk, trot) to see if it
provokes the cough, tonight after things cool down here.

Tez was at his first competition August 6th-9th, and is not normally
near other horses, so has minimal exposure to opportunities for
sharing minor viral stuff.  It was very hot & dusty at Fort Armstrong.

SO, WHO DOES WHAT FOR MINOR HORSE COLDS?

Susie.