Re: saddle pads

> have heard pretty good things about Sharon Saare's scrubber pad, and was
> wondering what experiences anyone has had with them.

I have a SS scrubber pad I bought a few months ago.  While the overall
quality was good (nice, thick felt; even, solid stitching), I have had
problems with the dye bleeding.  My green scrubber pad turned my saddle
fleece, girth, tights, socks and legs green. :( It continued bleeding dye
for about 2 months, after which time I removed the bleeding green wool &
suede from the topside and recovered it in Polartec fleece like what is on
the bottom (I had tried to get it replaced but Sharon Saare refused,
claiming that I had caused the bleeding problem from misuse or
mishandling), and now I like it just fine. Of course, I have a new
Stonewall on order, and they say that this pad is not good for use with a
Stonewall saddle (the thick felt prevents the underside of the saddle from
conforming to the horse's back) -- which is why I'm going to buy some
wool fleece from Rittenhouse Industries and make new pads for myself.

After asking around among my friends, I found someone else who got a
"bleeder" in black (has anyone else had a bleeder from SS?  I'd love to
hear about it!).  I'm not sure what colors don't bleed, but I know that
black and green both do.

PS -- the barrel style which I got was way too long for my very
short-backed Arab, so I cut 5" off the back to get it down off his croup.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region