Re: trailering long distances/Tevis

Heidi is absolutely right.  I'll never forget when my stallion got loose
and ran down the highway at a stop!  You have to take the individual horse
into consideration.
I am in the process of working up some interesting stats for the
Tevis...comparing distance traveled and finishes.  I think you will find it
very interesting.  I can say that 11 of us came from the OK, KS, MO area
and we varied from driving straight through (38 hours) to taking three days
and spending the night somewhere each night.  No relation to finishing the ride.
I wonder if there is a relationship to how early someone got there, and
whether they kept their horse in a stall beforehand?
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
OK