Re: Tevis Tack

Katee, thanks for the note,

> Well, I was at Tevis as a volunteer crew and general watcher for the
> first time this year.  Maybe next year I will stand in the out-gate in
> the vet-in area and collect that information, right next to Susan G.
> That would be interesting information!
> Katee
> >
> > Lisa Casady wrote,
> >
> > > I am curious as to what type of saddles do most [Tevis] riders use.  What
> > > type of equip. do you use,  how much "special" tack is used?????

If you are willing to consider the task of data collection at Robie Park next
year, I can promise space on the Tevis website for the results.  I would imagine
that it could be shown as a table that parallels the list of riders that is
updated on Ride morning to show the actual starters, e.g.,

Rider# RiderName   SaddleType SaddleBrand BitType       FrontShoes RearShoes
 998   Susie Queue Aussie     Sid Hill    rope hacamore Easyboots  pads
 999   Freddy Free Western    Goodoleboy  snaffle       standard   standard
 etc   etc         etc

Perhaps you and others on Ridecamp have some suggestions for what else might
reasonably be collected.  I will put together a mockup of the webpage so it will
be ready to go for next July's Ride.  Let's hear some ideas...

/richard, tevis webguy

--
    Natalie's Barn & Breakfast -- a B&B for Horses ...and their Riders
http://www.foothill.net/natalies  530-637-4644 or Toll Free: 1-877-NATBARN