Show Your Support for Equine Insurance

Given the posts in the last few weeks on equine insurance, I sent a message
to Doyle Patrick, Executive Director of AERC.  I indicated that as an AERC
member for several years, I would strongly support and take advantage of a
group policy offering for equine health insurance.  I also highlighted that
given the size of AERC's membership and the potential revenues to be
generated from an insurance offering to this group, I thought that a
specialized insurer would find this an attractive proposition.  Further, it
should result in lower group rates for the members.

Doyle E-Mailed me back, and thanked me for the input.   He stated he'd give
it some thought as to how to proceed with
finding out how interested everyone is with "my" idea.

I thought my note would be one of many sent by AERC and Ridecamp members!
It may take time for AERC to formulate a plan to survey for interest, and
then time to find the right insurance provider.  Therefore, I'm asking
anyone with interest to take a few minutes and send Doyle a message (at
aerc@foothill.net),  so he will have some indication on the level of
support there is for this insurance.
Thanks,

Alisa Waxman and Pye