Certified Farriers

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 07:11:05 -0700 (PDT) guest@endurance.net writes:

>PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO GUEST@ENDURANCE.NET!!!
>You must post replies to the actual sender listed below.

Don't know about in other areas, but our best farrier isn't a member of
any of these organizations.  I've found that lots of them walking around
with a "certificate" are just graduated from a short course at a
"farrier's college".  That may be good, or not.  The nearest farrier
college to here is absolutely dangerous.

I asked my farrier why he didn't join. He said he doesn't have time for
that stuff, he's buried with work.  I say, ask at some good barns, ask
the best riders, the really good ones don't have to hunt customers, so
they don't run ads in the paper, and they may not have their names on the
door of their trucks.

I loved a quote, I think from Mr. Morris in Endurance News this month.
Something like: a team consists of a rider, horse, vet & farrier...and
you can choose which to pay, the vet or the farrier...but when you pay
the farrier you get to ride, and when you're paying the vet you don't.

Good luck.
Angie McGhee & Bruce Lansford...the other part of Kaboot's team.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]