Speaking my mind

Thanks,  Linda,  for your nice reply to my post on speaking my mind.  I
found it warm, welcoming,  and refreshing.
That is good advice about changing my "Reply to" settings,  but I don't
know how.  I've only had this confounded contraption for a month, & am
sure you remember how hard it was to figure it all out when you first
got yours!  I could call my server & ask.  Probably have to e-mail him,
though,  because I'm always surfing my toy!
You're exactly right,  and there is no way you can get a large group of
people together and have them all agree on everything. Situations are
bound to erupt occasionally. However,  telling me (and others I have
been notified of through private post), that what we have to say is not
relevant and that we should refrain from commenting on a subject, is
not, as you said, doing ok.  You  are right,  it is bumbling. And it
should come to a screeching halt right here and now.  Personally,  I'm
not interested in joining a family at this time. However, I will say
this,  if Kat or Linnea are ever at a ride that I am at and they need
help,  I will go 50 miles out of my way to help them.  When someone is
in need of help, all other issues go out the door.  That is common (or
uncommon!) decency.
Disagreements are what give Ridecamp it's flavor.  Being told by a self
appointed so & so what to and not to write is what gives Ridecamp it's
sour taste.  I agree,  we should stay on topic,  but,  if a topic is
allowed to be ineterd and after 12 hours of comments being entered
without Steph reminding us that we are off topic,  then that topic is
established and Steph is the only one EVER who should be telling us what
to do.
Thanks, too,  for encouraging me to do some limited distance.  I have
trained for it,  but  something has always come up & turns out I don't
get to go.  I have told myself that this year I will surely "make it",
but who knows?
And to Steph,  I'd like to say thank you for letting me speak my mind
here.  Don't give up, Ridecamp does need you.
Sincerly,
Terry Bartee's Wife,  Antoinette Bartee