Re: Karahty Get at Tevis

David Bennett wrote:

> There were at least two Wazir's Karahty sons among the finishers of the
> Tevis.  They are SLSF Shale, a 6-year old gelding out of a Bezatal
> daughter, and Karahty's Rocket Man, a 7 year-old gelding, whose mother,
> Risque' Rockette, won the Tevis in '86.  Rocket Man also finished Old
> Dominion this year.
>
> There may be some more but I did not find them in the listing...

I was so impressed with Shale (ridden by Phil Gardner, and accompanied
by Sue on Gallant Gort) at Robie and later at Foresthill.  I've heard so
much talk that the Karahty get are wild critters, but believe me, after
having taped over 600 horses at Tevis pre-rides now, Shale was a total
gentleman, and one impressive-looking animal to boot.  He and Gort both
came into Foresthill looking like they'd just done an easy turn around
the pasture and went out looking the same way. Phil's comment of several
weeks  ago is right that there are two things wrong with the Karahty
get---all your friends are jealous, then mad because they can't buy them
from you.  If I didn't have one of my own at home, I'd feel the same
way---I'm just jealous that mine isn't old enough to ride yet! :-D

Susan G