Hooved Animal Humane Society

Hello gang,
       This is not exactly endurance related, but I hope  Steph will forgive
me.
Earlier this year I was contacted by the Hooved Animal Humane Society for
a donation, which I gave. I think The Society is on the up-and-up.  Afterall,
Loretta Swit  (M-A-S-H fame) is honorary chairperson.
           Anyway, they raise money to save abused and grossly neglected
horses.
 Are there any Ridecampers familiar with this organization??  I received
more information from them in yesterday's mail…this time they are
 promoting an annual "Help a Horse Survive 10th Annual Raffle."
Grand prize is $1,000,
2nd place $500,
Five 3rd Place Prizes $100
Ten 4th Place Prizes of $50 each.
 Before I go off Half-cocked selling these raffle tickets, I thought I would
ask the group if ya'll know anything about The Hooved Animal Society
and if they really are "for real?" BTW, raffle tickets are only $2 each
 (their suggested donation).
In case anyone is interested, their address is:
HOOVED ANIMAL HUMANE SOCIETY
10804 McConnell Road
Woodstock, Illinois   60098
Phone (815) 337-5563