update on pledges for SC symposium

Hi again gang,

I've had additional pledges come in after posting my last list so I am
listing all the donors one more time. THANK YOU EVERYBODY!  To recap -
$255 was raised to pay Betsy Gilmans registration plus $10 -in case.

$235 has been pledged for Vickie Smith.  Last week Connie Berto e-mailed
me that 4 AERC people wanted to attend and she hoped we could raise
the money to re-imburse all the registration fees, and cover only
registration fees.  I had been assuming that Vickie, Betsy, and Roger
Rittenhouse (who volunteered to pay his own fee -WHAT A GREAT GUY)
were the only ones planning to attend and I felt that it was appropriate
to pay some other expenses (as long as it wasn't chartered planes and
executive suites!) to encourage national attendence since this is
billed as a national symposium. So the AERC trails fund may not
end up covering Vickies registration fee like I had been assuming
before.  (If it does - or if more than $245 is raised here I'd like
to know if anyone objects to using their pledge to cover other
expenses)

I'd also like to encourage people to ask ride managers if you can
"pass a hat" at their rides to raise money for the trails fund or to
send extra people or cover extra expenses for someone to attend this
(SC) symposium or the Arizona National Trails symposium in November.
I don't think we need to get completely officail to start this, and I
bet many people would like to donate a few $, but don't feel like they
can afford enough to make it worthwhile to write an official check to
the trails fund. Plus we should tap everybody not just ridecampers, right?

 	*$10 Amber & Bob Roberts
	*$10 Susan Kasemayer
	*$10 Kat Myers
	*$10 Lynne Glazer
	*$10 Jillian Weems
	*$20 Robin Everett
	$10 Carol Wingate
	*$10  Mary Yager
	$20 Merryben
	*$5 Libby Varno (16 years old!)
	*$10 Glenda Snodgrass
	*$10 Linda Parrish
	*$10 Michelle Aston
	*$10 Glen Foster
	*$10 Mike Maul
	*$20 Teresa Van Hove
	*$10 Antionette (Chico, TX)
	*$10 Teddy Lancaster
	$10 Stephanie Wind McCray
	*$10 Beverly Schlegel
	$10 Carolyn (from NE)
	$25 Jackie Baker --- $10 to Betsy and $15 to Vickie
	*$10 Angie McGhee

        *$15 Carol Bushway-Boardman
	*$10 Suzanne Solis
	*$10 Kitty Longino
	*$10 Sheila Noel
	 $20 Susan Garlinghouse
	*$10 Louise Bower
	 $10 Cindy Bell
	*$10 Sally Aungier
	*$25 Carol Patterson
 	*$10 John Ayers
        *$20 Connie Berto
        *$20 Debbie Lyons
        *$15 Pat Gluckin
	*$25 Sallijan Snyder
         $10 Kelly Mutschink

Remember - 1st group is mailing their pledges to Betsy Gilman,
2nd group is mailing to me.  I've put a * if I know that your check
has been received (my information is not new and my mail is slow
so don't panic if you think your check should have already been
received and I don't show this)

If you want Vickie (VT) or Betsy (GA) to know of any local issues
near them or national type issues they have both invited you to
contact them.
Vickie Smith - kiwana@sover.net
Betsy Gilman   bbgilmanbb@juno.com

Check out the web page for the SC symposium at
http://www.strom.clemson.edu/programs/trails/

my address for sending checks is:
Teresa Van Hove
13420 Gun Club Rd