Re: TEVIS BC

> The Haggin Cup went to Ruby, 17.2 h. Mule who came in third place.  Hooray for
> mules.in general and specially to Ruby........Maryben

Congratulations to Ruby!  I saw a photo of either her or another mule
(can't remember now, I looked at so many Tevis photos <g>) where it
looked like there was some kind of butt-strap or come-along on the mule?
Were my eyes deceiving me?  Do you have to use that to get a mule to keep
going for 100 miles? <BEG>  My father rode mules on the farm in his
childhood and has told me many mule stories, most of which have the
phrase "you know how stubborn mules are" in them at least once or twice. :)

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region