Vosal users

One of my horses has recently started grabbing the shanks of his
mechanical hackamore, thereby leaving me with no control.  I'm
considering changing to a Vosal (that's with a V not B).  Would anyone
with Vosal experience please email me privately with your comments on
this method?  Also, has anyone used Pat Fredrickson's riding halter?  It
looks similar to the Vosal.  Any comments about both methods, or other
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Amber