choke

Two days before leaving for a 60 mile ctr, mydaughter called me at work to
tell me she thought our horse was trying to throw up though she knew horses
could not. My sister (lives next door) checked on her and found her with foam
on her lips and when she tried to eat grass could not swallow.  After getting
the vet out we were diagnosed as a choke.  She was given banamine, a steroid
shot and put on 5 days of pennicillian.  The next day she seemed fine tho we
limited her intake of food. I some times think she does things so I won't take
her on these rides. She watches as I get the trailer ready pacing the dry dock
area. My vet said I need to look for a vet medical book in her stall she is
probably hiding one. (She got her way and we are staying home).