PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED RIDERS

From: FRANK SOLANO
Email: DVERITAS@AOL.com

   I responded to MERRYBEN, "Please don't get defensive about he term
"allowances" for junior riders. The only allowances I am aware of, as well,
is the sponsor required for MOST junior riders.  Allowances, as you know,
can also be made whereby junior riders can ride with "sponsors."
   I envision Physically Challenged (PC) riders riding with a "mentor" who
would be there, much like a sponsor, for the duration of the PC rider's
ride.  "Mentors" already exist on the trail for most of us in the form of
"Family" or "friends". Mentors would be so-designated and would be
"required" to remain with the PC rider.  The same parameters laid out
for the Junior Rider/Sponsor Relationship would be applicable to the PC
Rider/Mentor Relationship, or at least very similar.  Like the Junior Riders,
THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY ALLOWANCE with mileage accrual.
   ...I think junior riders can and do, in some cases, grow up to be the
better endurance riders on the trail...
   Thank you for responding to my query and I wish you good luck with
your riding and involvement with Junior Riding.  The AERC seems to have
a Chair for Junior Riding who cares.
Frank Solano