PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED DIVISION

From: FRANK SOLANO
Email: DVERITAS@AOL.com

Let me make it simple for you.  This is not about "special consideration".
All I am proposing is that AERC track the mileage for those individuals who
want to ride for the miles only, and if by some method they do complete the
fifty or hundred, then their ride is what some folks would call a "success".
For those of you with physical challenges of your own who are able to "compete" on "equal terms" with other riders...I am very and honestly happy for you. Not all folks with physical challenges can.  AERC used to mean Any Endurance Rider Can.  What does it now mean?
  For those of you out there who ride endurance and draw your sense of self-worth from your "accomplishments", I certainly do not desire to minimize your accomplishments in 25, 50 or 100 mile rides by making room on the trail for the Physically Challenged.
  We already make allowances on the trail for Junior Riders, properly sponsored.  Why not for the Physically Challenged, properly Mentored much in the same manner?
  No "special consideration" is required.  Only that mileage accrual be sanctioned by the folks we elect into AERC offices to represent us in the first place.
  Please don't be threatened by this proposal.
  It's not that complicated and I volunteer my time and efforts to anyone and all who would support this in our organization.
Frank Solano