Learning to ride

From: Denise Jenkins
Email: oc_dancer@msn.com

Hi All,

I am a newly wed (June 26) and my husband is David Jenkins (some may have met David out racing:).  He and I are riding together of course and I am seeing how little I know about it:)  I grew up as many did, riding the "bomb proof" "just stay in the saddle type" riding.  A few lessons within the last couple of years and now David is teaching me what he knows.  Most of my problem seems to be in the posting (getting the horses rythem, etc).  I have been in training for only the time since our marriage and I am getting beat up pretty good but I am not going to give up either:) I plan to run my first race next year.

As to my reason for writing, I am looking for helpful pointers from you veterans out there and/or other beginners who can relate to me and also help:)  Good books, videos, or just some good old wisdom.  I am soooo excited about learning to ride and the opportunity to accomplish something worthwhile with my beautiful horse:)

Looking forward to talking with you and possibly meeting some of you.  God Bless all that will be competing in the Tevis!

Denise Jenkins, Pleasant Hill CA