trailering stress

Hi Cheryl,
My mare is a very nervous traveler too although she is much better with
company. I give the homeopathic remedy aconite 30c one hour before trailering.
If I don't she will tremble and wash out. It really works for my mare. The
longest trip we have taken in one day is 12 hours and the one dose lasts for
entire day. As it is homeopathic, it is not in any way a tranquilizer. I am
lucky that she eats hay non-stop as a way to pacify herself and will drink
every few hours. I have also tried rescue remedy but it does not work as well
as the aconite for this particular mare.
Hope this helps.
Donna in Altoona