From: guest@endurance.net
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: PROPOSAL FOR NEW DIVISION AT NO EXPENSE TO ANYONE
Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 11:18 AM

From: Becky Solano
Email: becky80621@AOL.com

Thank you Tom Van Gelder, Barbara (from TX) and Cindy Collins.  I love the
Big Horn trails.  I hope I haven't attended my last endurance race, but if
it was my last ride, I am ever so grateful to all of you for giving me the
opportunity to ride that trail one last time.  My husband, Frank, and I
have ridden trails all over the country.  We have had varied results from
completions on "backyard 50's" to National rankings.  The ability to ride a
horse over country inaccessible otherwise, is the reason we chose
endurance.  The people who have become fast friends over the years is the
reason we wish to continue in endurance.
    I am not proud of it, nor am I ashamed of it, but it is mine.  I have
MS.  Riding is terribly difficult for me, but yet, terribly rewarding.
    Why can't the AERC and its members get behind a PHYSCIALLY CHALLENGED
DIVISION?
    My closest friends ride hundreds and fifty's.  I love to ride with
them.  I propose that I be allowed to ride with them, accompany them, as
far as I am physically able, then, upon my terminating that particular ride
(which I will do every thing humanly possible to ensure it is at a Vet
Check) I and my horse get CREDIT for the miles completed.  I don't care
about completion awards/points, weight division awards/points, etc.  I
would love to ride with my friends.  I have at least four people right now
who would ride with me just to ride with me over beautiful trails.  For us,
the ride is the award and would continue to be. Only those previously
designated "PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED" by AERC could get mileage credit for
rides "not completed".
    At the Big Horn I was helped off my horse, who was receiving straight
"A's" all ride-long at 39 miles. He could, I couldn't.  Thoughts?  Becky S.