Re: NATRC

Hi Heidi -

Funny you should post about mounted downhills today.  I was riding today
& encountered a particularly difficult downhill.  I had been thinking
about the opinions on downhills - mounted versus dismounted - & halfway
down, realized I never considered dismounting & was just concentrating
on keeping my horse straight, relaxed & on her haunches.  Thought I was
making real good time too - I know I would have slowed her down had I
tried to walk this much less run it.  The footing was too rocky & loose
(granted I am not the most talented runner or walker for that matter).

Anyway at this point I favor the mounted downhills & think if you keep
your horse balanced & on their haunches you will avoid the stressed
shoulders.

Lori & Sky
AZ