Re: Trotting faster and trucking mishaps

ROTFL  You all must have known that it wasn't such a good weekend.  Some of
the private replies made me laugh so hard I almost fell of the chair.  I
should clarify that Caer Donn's "comfy road trot" is about 5 mph.  When I was
looking for ways to "extend" (boy was that the wrong word) the trot I was
thinking of, oh, 7, 8 maybe 9 mph.  Roger or Susan made a good point about
using the heart monitor to figure out where his comfort level at the trot ends
and back off a little from that speed.  We shall continue to experiment.

I also wish to publicly commend the Be Kool Radiator company.  We purchased
one of their radiators in the everlasting struggle to cool the little 360 that
thinks it can, except when it overheats.  A manufacturing flaw caused the hole
in the radiator that caused the huge overheating problem on the way to the
Santa Fe ride.  By 8:30 am on Monday morning, the BeKool customer service rep
had taken full responsibility, arranged for an overnight delivery of a new
radiator at their expense and apologized profusely for the equipment failure.
Boy do they honor their warranty!

Finally, I also want to thank the ridecampers that stopped while I was pulled
off by the side of the road.  I can't believe how many people stopped and
offered aid.  One Garner Valley resident, (sporting a Tevis belt buckle) not
in any way connected with the Santa Fe ride, offered to go get his truck and
tow my trailer up to the ride and I could follow along behind.  Someone else
added water to the radiator.  Another made sure Becky knew where I was, since
I wasn't any longer tootleing along behind her!  Such wonderful people!  Thank
you all!

Alison Farrin
Caer Donn and Gydion