Re: Fireworks 50

----------
> From: Bill and Jane Cloud <bjcloud@cal-micro.com>
> To: owensall@sierranet.net; ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: Fireworks 50
> Date: Monday, August 03, 1998 8:48 PM
>
> I heard that none of the top ten horses received best condition.  That
they
> were all lame.        Jane Cloud,  Turlock, CA.
>
> ----------
> > From: owens <owensall@sierranet.net>
> > To: oc_dancer@msn.com
> > Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
> > Subject: Fireworks 50
> > Date: Monday, August 03, 1998 8:37 PM
> >
> > Hello all;
> > I am responding to the query of who won the Fireworks 50 this past
> > weekend.  I am proud to have crewed for Ervin Quinn and his fantastic
> > horse Ebony, who are the winners of this race.  This is a team I train
> > with regularly and they set the standard for endurance riding in my
> > opinion!  She is a beautiful, 15.2 H,  black half-arabian mare out of
> > Ervin's wife's mare, Suzie, a black and white paint.  She has awesome
> > natural gaits and is so sweet natured that Ervin's and Ivy's five year
> > old grandson rode her around before and after the ride!  She had no
heat
> > or swelling in her legs at all after the ride and really appeared to
not
> > have done much at all that day.  Awesome!
> > Katee

As to the Fireworks 50, only 5 out of the top l0 horses were presented for
Best Condition.  The other 5 were not shown for whatever reason their
riders
chose.  Presenting for Best Condition is not mandatory.  I was the 4th
place
finisher and opted not to present.  The veterinarians did not award a BC as
is their
option when they feel the horses presented do not meet BC criteria.
Barbara