FW: Re. Electrolytes and probiotics

----------
From: Annette Gordon <agordon@worldofwonder.net>
To: euroenduro@cee.hw.ac.uk
Subject: Re. Electrolytes and probiotics
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:05:12 +0100

Dear all

A general question. I have put my horse on Sure Bio (Pro-biotics) recently
and she is
about half way through a course of 10 sachets. She has trouble keeping
weight on at the moment and has had a fair amount of stress due to our
travelling and loading adventures so I felt she could be a candidate for pro
Biotics. However I am unsure about whether I should be feeding probiotics at
the same time as electrolytes or anything else for that matter. So far I
have not given her any electrolytes at the same time as the Sure Bio.
Weather has been far from hot anyway and we haven't done that much hard
training.

Anybody have any experience or guidelines they could share? Or am I slowly
poisoning my horse?

Bye

Annette