Re: Trails Fund

I will donate $500 (which I will raise) to an AERC Trails Endowement
Fund or Restricted Fund if they will establish such and *pay out* 5% of
that total fund per year in projects throuhout the US. If it is a
restricted fund I would expect them to pay out 85% of that fund per
year and keep 15% for administrative costs. It would be good to have
both established.

The places that I have been able to play on horseback and/or foot have
become smaller and smaller. We need to lobby, purchase, educate, be seen
and heard, and provide information to our representatives in order to
keep or expand what we need to go long distances.

I challenge all of you to may a similar committment to Trails and our
sports. I challenge all of you to take this issue to others that are
not on the internet and get them to make similar committments. You can
email Connie Berto privately with your pledges and let her use those to
lobby the Board with her request for structure or funds.

Steve Shaw