Re: Rain rot

Sorry I disagree!  I believe some horses are just prone to rain rot.  At one
time when I was in the breeding business I had 26 horses of various age
gender ect.  I might get one case a year and It was usually the same horse.
On occasion I would have a leased mare that would get it.  All horses were
getting the same management.   BTW all but a few horses were kept in
pastures year round.  After growing up in the L.A. area when I was a kid I
have always felt it is criminal to keep horses in a barn unless there is no
other choice.  I live in thre foothill of  Northern Ca. and we get snow, not
a lot but enough to get pretty cold.  I do have a barn and I put all the
horses in it if a long snow or rain storm are predicted, otherwise they stay
outside with turnout rugs in wet weather.  I have not had a case of rain
rot  since I moved up hear from the valley 8 years ago.

Just MHO

Corky Young
Byrds Valley Ranch, On the Tevis Trail