UNLAWFUL INSTALLATION OF WSTRAIL SIGNS

We need your help ...

We have received a disturbing call from the representative of the USFS
in Foresthill that informs us of the unlawful installation of metal
signs nailed into the trees through the Granite Chief Wilderness along
the Western States Trail.  These signs were discovered yesterday while
the USFS was inspecting the Trail prior to the Ride.  These metal sigs
were nailed, believe it or not, twelve (12) feet +/- above the ground.
This is direct violation of USFS rules and regulations and rules
established by Congress when the Wilderness was opened for use by the
Ride and Run.  The signs MUST be removed immediately.

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO DID THIS DEED, PLEASE REPORT TO THE WSTF OR USFS AS
SOON AS POSSIBLE.  We cannot jeopardize the use of this very important
trail.

Thanks,

Larry Suddjian, Vice President and Ride Director
WESTERN SATES TRAIL FOUNDATION
http://www.foothill.net/tevis