Captan is toxic!!

I'm not even going to finish reading the digest to see if someone else
posted this first.

CAPTAN IS A HIGHLY TOXIC CHEMICAL AND SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER BE APPLIED
TO ANIMALS, HUMAN OR OTHERWISE.  (did I say that loud enough?)

In addition to its direct toxicity, I believe it is a potential
carcinogen, but my technical books are at work so I can't verify that
right now.

In general, no plant herbicides, pesticides, fungicides should be
considered safe for use on mammals, unless specifically tested for that
use (eg, pyrethrins are safe for both uses.)

Elaine Larsen
(for those to whom it will make a difference, PhD)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]