Re: Help on beet pulp needed

> I started with a 1/2 cup of dry BP and worked up to 2 cups.  Plus
> regular feed.  You want to alway make sure you add enough water to cover
> and let st for AT LEAST 6 hours before feeding.  In the winter I would

Only if you have the pellets.  If you buy shredded like I do (which is
what I think the original poster said), you need only soak it 20-30
minutes before it's ready to eat.  If you soak it more than a couple of
hours in the summer heat (down here it's in the 90s every day May-Sep), it
will ferment and the horse won't eat it.  In the winter, you can soak it
overnight.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310