ice packs

I have to pack my colt's knee in ice.  He's about 3 months old.  I live
in Texas, and boy, is it HOT here.  The ice melts in 30 minutes.  Does
anyone know of any alternatives to a plastic bag?   I tried frozen
vegetables.  I put them back in the freezer to re-freeze after use.
Here's the stupid part that nobody ever warns people about.... I
accidentally ate them.