Subject: Re: bear encounter (LONG)

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:28:47 -0400
From: rides2far@juno.com (Angela C. McGhee)
To: PLOUGH1@ix.netcom.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net

bear.....have no feaaaarr....we are here.... so
>beware.....get outta herrrreeeee...mr. beaarrrr”  BTW, I made this up,
>and it is suppose to give ME confidence, ha!
>
>Well, I guess he liked my signing (or wanted me to shut up please!),
>because there he was in the middle of the trail again and popped up to
>see the one and only signing horse on the west coast!

O.K., I've read this twice now and it says "signing" in two places...how

did you teach Mystery to "sign" without any fingers?  ;-))

Angie

*** same way I taught spell check to look for logical errors at the same
time...unsuccessfully.
details, details.....
***BTW, thanks to Karen Sullivan for getting us all together at Cuneo
Creek and Linda for doing so much of the paperwork!
***AND to answer the Bells Questions, bears are often curious as to who
is making a bell sound? (dogs, cows, food?!) so it is best to make human
sounds to warn them of your presence.
***Lots of bears in the Sierras this year so watch out!  There is still
snow up in the high country and the newly weaned two year olds are
hungry!
Kimberly (heading for Desolation Wilderness on foot)
& Mystery the Morab ("just leave me home, my herd misses me bossing them
around....")
Pt.Reyes.,CA