World War Two Horse-Hero's Great-Grand-Son Found Living In Obscurity In Pittsburgh Suburb (Long)

Okay, RideCampers:

You get two e-mails from Susie & Tez tonight, and that's it!

Y'all went to the endurance rides this weekend.  Tez & I & the
legendary trail dog Reilly O'Dog (under-the-weather, but recovering)
stayed home.

We were bored, so we spent some hours in the Arabian horse pages on
the Internet, learning stuff, boning up on our Arabian horse culture.

I bought Tez in 1995 from a show barn.  Lotsa glitz, NSH awards, all
sorts of nominated horses, gruelling travel schedules, impatient
trainers.  I went to this recognized Arabian horse farm to purchase a
seasoned, well trained, discipline, well behaved, trustworthy ten year
old Arabian mare.  You know, terrific horse for any owner, especially
an idiot like me.

I left the barn in possession of a good-looking, spirited, amiable 4
year old bay gelding under saddle for 6 months.  Not under saddle
working cattle, mind-you.  Under saddle training in a round-ring,
living in a padded cell, three Western pleasure shows under his belt.
You know, routine!

I purchased Tez because - in the presence of two prospective clients
and 6 barn employees, trainers, etc., he managed to sneak a nip at my
b--b without their catching it (but they were all RIGHT THERE).  Very
agile, very sneaky, very cute.  Deliberately -- "who me??  Naaah!"

What I now own is a seven year old endurance prospect with a heart as
large as all of Pennsylvania, a nice body, strong tendons, good
hooves, and horse-mind with a great deal of independence in it.

And, I've wondered for three years - who is this guy in my barn?  And
why do I like him so much?

Well, accidentally, I came across an article on the net about a
stallion named *Witez II.  You know the line?  Ofir?  Kuhailan Haifi?
*Bask++?

I read the article.  I pulled Tez's papers out of mothballs in the
file cabinet.  I compared the article to his AHR certificate.

I found two more articles, one of which deals with the athletic
performance of *Witez II's get and grand-get.

My jaw dropped.

I had no idea!  Witez II, recued by General "blood n guts" Patton's
troops from becoming dog meat at the end of the war!  My boy's great
grand-dad.

I told Tez all about it before our ride this afternoon.

He took it in stride - in one ear & out the other.

My legacy munches on and needs to have his whiskers trimmed.

Now, one of the Arabian breeding farms out west has a new little
cousin of Tez's, a black filly just foaled in May of this year.
Trisha.  Boy, do I need this?  Somebody stop me!

Susie & EA Tezzeray (& Reilly O'Dog)

P.S.  Hope Y'all had successful competitions this weekend, and who
accomplished what on the trail (ride updates)?