oil based fly sprays

>>The fly spray I use just comes off once my horse sweats.  I need something that can last.  What are the pros and cons.<<

Nothing lasts, really, through sweat and spongeing. I carry small, individually wrapped
towelettes -- Buzz Away with citronella from the whole foods market -- that easily slip
into a fanny pack, and swipe one over the neck/poll/ears easily from the saddle if the
bugs get nasty mid-ride. Many folks use those crocheted ear/face covers or the netting
kind to form a physical bug barrier. For the face, I've found that Skin So Soft
mosquito/tick repellent works very well and actually stays on. It's gentle, nontoxic and
the horses love it. Of course, the ultimate fly repellent is to outrun 'em!
Have fun,
Bobbie and Miss Fine -- I hate bugs but I love to run