Old Glory I, II & III

I just went on my 2nd & 3rd Limited Distance rides.  We went to the Old Glory
I, II & III held on July 17, 18 & 19 at the Davy Crockett Nat'l Forest in East
Texas.  Yes, it was hot; very hot, 102 to 104 degrees.  Although we sweated,
we had a great time.  My 2 step sons went to 'camp' and I brought a young man
from my stables to pit crew for me.  All those who were there know him as B.R.
Gary.  B.R. not only helped me with my 2 25's but he also helped 60-70 other
riders.  Everybody wanted to know if he was coming to any other rides.  The
answer is yes, and I'll be bringing his brothers.  :-)

The 25 milers started at 6:30am both days.  I started off in the front of the
pack with about 16 other horses.  We eventually broke down to groups of 3 & 4.
Wally, my TWH stud, (someone else affectionately nicknamed him 'Stud Muffin')
finally found a grey arab that he liked to follow.  We came in to the vet
check with a shoe missing, but didn't even know it.  We continued on with the
same grey arab and completed with yet another front shoe missing.  When I
vetted through, Val (the vet) asked me if I was going to stand for B.C.  I
told her "I thought you had to place top 10 for that."  She said that I came
in 8th but the grey arab I followed got pulled which pushed me up to 7th.
Cool, huh?!?!  So, for Wally's and my 2nd ride we were 3rd out of 8 for B.C.
I had originally planned to go slow, and I thought we did.  Boy, was I wrong.
The 2nd day, I was volunteered to sponsor a young girl, Christy Seymour, on a
little arab pony named 'Fire Pony'.  Yes, this pony lives up to its name.  We
started out 3rd and 4th, I kept her up front because I was so paranoid
something would happen to her.  We both vetted through with all A's and 1 B.
Poor old Stud Muffin had to slow down the last 2 - 3 miles, he just couldn't
keep up the fast pace of that springy little pony.  Christy and I did cross
together.  She placed 3rd and I place 5th out of 29.  Christy placed 3rd and I
place 6th out of 8 for B.C.  All I really had planned to do was finish, but I
am proud of my little 'Stud Muffin' for doing so well.  The 3rd day, we did
not compete but B.R. and I volunteered to help until about 1pm since we did
have a 6 hour trip ahead of us.  For those of you who know about our little
mishap coming to the ride, we made it home safe and sound.  My husband is so
proud of both the horse and me, he's having my trailer fixed this week.  :-)
Just remember, don't stop at the Chevron in Bryan, Texas;  They are
inconsiderate boobs.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again.  Thank you
Linda & Bo Parrish, and all the other voluteers who helped put on such a
wonderful ride;  I look forward to seeing each and everyone of you next time.