Side pulls and bi pulls

I am considering trying to switch my mare from a snaffle to something to
control her  with no mouth piece.  She is easy to control and most of
the time I can control her with voice commands.... walk, trot etc.  But
there are times!  She doesn't like a mechanical hackamore even with very
little pressure.  She has trouble with turns in it and starts grabbing
(lowering her head) to get more rein even when I have no pressure.  I am
considering trying a side pull or bi pull.  Would someone tell me the
advantages of both. Cindy