SELENIUM

>I am interested in Dr. Smith's statement that a horses requires 8 mg/d -
this seems too high given anything I've read about it.  Can Dr. Smith or
other vets please check this and discuss it?
>Thanks lots,
>Brenda

Hi Brenda:

I'm not a vet...but I did just have both of my horses tested for seleneium.
They have been receiving 4x (=10 mg) the dose  on the label of the brand of
Vitamin E/Se supplement I use; in addition their LMF Endurance Feed has SE
in it.  Their tests came back within the normal range.  If I were to give
them the recommended dose on the container, they would only be receiving
25% of what they would need.  Heidi's advice was RIGHT ON! :)

btw, I'm in the West Region - Northern Nevada.  We are in a SE deficient
area.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville