Re: Tevis Page

JANIEWANI@aol.com wrote:

> I RODE THE TEVIS LAST YEAR (1997) --   AND WHEN I REACHED THE 70 MILE
> MARK,  MY STOMACH HURT LIKE THERE WAS TOO MUCH ACID OR SOMETHING. AND AT
> THE END OF THE RIDE I THREW UP.
>
> I COMPLETED THE LAKE HUGHES "CALIFORNIOS" RIDE AND EXPERIENCED
> THE SAME SYMPTONS EVEN THOUGH I WAS CHEWING ON ANTACIDS THE
> WHOLE RIDE.
>
> HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED THESE UPSETS?
>
> OR IF YOU HAVEN'T, DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO DID AND WHAT THEY DID
> TO OLIVIATE THEM?

Diagnosis of rider ills is a bit off my line as Tevis Webguy, although what
you report sounds a lot like what I used to feel during exams at college.

I'm cc'ing the Ridecamp list here in case your discomfort is familiar to one
or more of the others who do serious endurance rides.  Beyond that, I'm not
able to be of much help.

/richard, Tevis Webmaster

--
    Natalie's Barn & Breakfast -- a B&B for Horses ...and their Riders
http://www.foothill.net/natalies (530) 637-4644 tollfree 1-877-NATBARN